Chestnut 2" Slat
Good Housekeeping Wood Blinds add warm, traditional look to your windows. Made from 100% basswood, Good Housekeeping Wood Blinds feature premium colors in warm whites and rich stains with furniture style finish that compliment your flooring, furniture, cabinetry and other existing wood finishes in your home. The 2" slat is versatile for its clean, classic appeal and proportions that work well in windows of most any size. Add your personal touch to your real wood blind with cloth tapes, optional rounded corners or upgrade to cordless, for cleaner cord free approach..
Available in 18 popular paints and stain colors. Slat is the standard size in the market, which in turn will provide the best price in Steve’s Wood Blind Collection. 2” wood is recommended for any room of the home as it is one of our most popular products. Customize your blinds by adding motorization, twill tapes, multiple shades on one headrail or routless (No Holes)..
The larger 2 ½” slat also provides a plantation shutter look for a fraction of the price. Steve’s price includes a decorative, vintage, color-coordinated valance. Customize your blinds by adding motorization, multiple shades on one headrail, routless (No Holes). .
This is the most popular slat size for wood blinds. Levolor has provided several exclusive options and upgrades to this collection for added style, enhanced privacy, and ease of use.
This is the most complete stain collection available in the marketplace. The specially selected stains and wood grains of this collection are designed to harmonize with any furnishings, any space, or any style. From maple to cherry to pecan tones, this collection has it all!
Plus, Levolor’s Premium Paint colors are designed to complement finishes in your home from crown molding to window frames. They painstakingly prepare each slat with multiple coats of the highest quality paints to ensure the blind resists scratching and keeps its new look.
Resistance to Slat Warpage: Better
Performance in High Humidity: Good
Resistance to UV Fading: Best
Lift Weight* (36” x 60”): Best (5 lbs)
*Weight of slats and bottomrail only. This weight does not include valance, headrail or conponentry weight as these are stationary when the blind is raised/lowered.
You can keep your Levolor blinds looking their best by periodically wiping them with a soft cloth, a dusting mitt, or the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. You can clean the blind hanging in place or you can take it down. By tilting the slats down, but not closed, you will be able to clean most of the top surface of each slat. Do not use water, solvents, or abrasive solutions as it will cause damage to the blind not covered under warranty.
Look and warmth of real wood with the performance of advanced materials and technology. Scratch and dust resistant outer shell. Composite formula for greater strength and durability. Comparable insulating value to wood. Ideal for high temperature, high humidity conditions. Easy to clean, great for homes with children. Uniform texture and sheen. Color-coordinating valance, bottomrail, wand tilter and ladder. Surcharge Options: LightMaster (edge rout design provides tighter closure to minimize light and increase privacy), decorative and solid tapes, multiple blinds on one headrail and extended valance. .
Material Width: 96”
Please Note: Natural shades may have variations and visual inconsistencies in color, grain and texture. They may also crack or split, twist or bow, shrink or stretch, and change color over time due to aging, direct sunlight or other climatic conditions. These unique characteristics are inherent in natural materials and are not considered defects in material or workmanship. Exact color matches cannot be guaranteed.
Characteristic of Woven Wood Shades*:
· Assymmetry: Materials used in Natural Shades are grown and harvested naturally. Variations in shape, thickness, texture and grain are to be expected by Mother Nature. While providing personality to each shade, these variations created asymmetry in the weave that may alter the appearance of the finished shade. Specifically, you may notice:
o Uneven spacing or gaps: differences in bamboo or reed shapes and thickness can create uneven spacing or gaps in the weave
o Pattern changes or gaps: different thicknesses of grassy materials, tied knots, and splices can create visual disruptions in the weave pattern or gaps in the weave
o Length Differences: variations in bamboo thicknesses, bamboo joints, or reed sizes can create length differences from one side of the shade to the other
o Bowing or arching: different drying rates of bamboo fibers on one side and skin on the other side of the bamboo slat can create a bowing or arching effect in the finished shade.
All materials used are hand-selected to strict specifications to minimize variations. These variations are not considered flaws or defect, but rather normal characteristics to be expected from naturally grown materials.
· Color: Mellowing with age, bamboo, reeds, jute, grasses and other natural materials will change slightly in color over time. Depending on material composition, they may lighten or darken due to direct sunlight or other climatic conditions. Uncolored bamboo will experience the most color shift, changing from a green color at harvest to a yellow-brown color over three to six months. Color matches from shade to shade cannot be guaranteed as these are natural reactions to aging.
· Stretching: The natural elasticity of yarns combined with the weight of the woven material may cause shades to stretch upwards of 1” to 1 ½” after installation. This is particularly noticeable on inside mount shades or shades that extend from ceiling to floor. Ordering the shade shorter than needed will help compensate for stretching over time. Note that the addition of edge banding will not only add a personal touch, but also help control stretching.
· Edge Banding: Edge banding is recommended for this product, as it helps to control stretching as described above, as well as the unraveling of thread on the shade.
*As provided by Bali Blinds specification information
Cleaning: Occasional light vacuuming with a brush attachment should keep shades clean.
Tips: During the shipping process, the natural shade material may have shifted slightly due to its woven construction, causing slight shortening of the shade’s length or uneven edges.
· Height: If after installation, the shade is slightly shorter than ordered, grasp the bottom of the shade and gently pull to stretch the shade to the preferred height. Some materials will also stretch by themselves over time.
· Uneven Edges: Lightly tap the shade’s edge with a flat edge (ex. A ruler) until even.
Bali’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
What is Covered: Bali woven wood blinds are warranted against original defects in materials or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product provided that the product was properly installed in a residential dwelling, the product was made or assembled exclusively from Bali materials and components, and Bali’s recommendations were followed with regard to limitations and specifications.
Who is Covered: This warranty extends only to you as the original purchaser.
Obligations to the Consumer: The obligations of Bali are limited to the repair or replacement of parts or product found to be defective. Bali is not responsible for shipping costs or labor costs for measuring and taking the shade down or reinstalling the product. If repairs are made under this warranty, the repairs will be made with like or similar parts.
What the Warranty Does Not Cover: This warranty does not cover conditions or damages caused by accidents, alterations, misuse, or failure to follow instructions for measurement, installation, cleaning, or maintenance. In addition, normal wear and tear are not covered by the warranty. All fabrics can lose original intensity after long exposure to the sun. When left for extended periods in direct sunlight, plastics tend to yellow or crack. All cords will eventually wear out. Bali considers these to be normal wear and tear and are not covered under this warranty.
This warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other written or verbal warranties or obligations and liabilities. No person is authorized to extend or alter the warranty.